RETURN TO TOUCH FOOTBALL
Updated 14 October 2020.
Queensland Touch Football (QTF) in conjunction with Touch Football Australia (TFA) has compiled a list of documents and resources to help Qld Affiliates be COVIDSafe and make the return to the field as easy as possible. QTF will continue to follow the latest advice and direction from the Queensland Department of Sport and Recreation and Queensland Health.
NO ONE SHOULD BE ATTENDING ANY TOUCH ACTIVITIES IF THEY HAVE:
- COVID-19 or has been in direct contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 within the last 14 days
- Flu-like symptoms or who is a high health risk (e.g. due to age or pre-existing conditions)
- Travelled internationally or to a COVID declared hotspot.
If a participant has symptoms or has been in contact with a known or suspected case of COVID-19 they must:
- Self isolate and get tested – DO NOT ATTEND TOUCH FOOTBALL
- Advise Affiliate/Coach you are getting tested
- Notify your Affiliate/Coach of a positive or negative test result once received
- Follow medical advice
‘Get in. Play. Get Out’.
- Arrive at the venue ready to play and then leave.
- Please check-in and out of the venue.
- Avoid congregating before or after training/games.
- Maintain strict hygiene practices (ie sanitise hands regularly, don’t share equipment or water bottles).
- Please adhere to strict physical distancing measures of 1.5m off the field of play.
Affiliates must comply with an approved Industry COVID Safe Plan – Field Sports (Version 6).
In addition, a new guide to community gatherings, specific to how the event framework interacts with the sport industry plans has been published and are available here: Click here.
Key things to consider prior to the resumption of training/competitions.
- Review the QTF Return to Play Guidelines
- Review the TFA Return to Play Protocols and Guidelines
- Have you appointed a safety coordinator?
- Have you completed a COVID-19 safety plan and cross-referenced your plan with the COVID Safe Plan Checklist?
- Have you obtained council/landowner approval to resume activity?
- Have you created a map of your facility and how your venue can meet the requirements outlined in the plan?
- Do you have the resources to ensure an Attendance Register is kept after every training session/game?
- Have you reviewed the COVID-safe sporting events and community gatherings guidelines?